Delhi Airport Metro Express
- Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL), a special purpose vehicle
between Reliance Infrastructure (95% stake) and CAF, Spain (5% stake) was
created to implement the Airport Metro Express project on a
- The consortium bagged the project from the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
(DMRC) in 2008, through a competitive bidding process based on PPP model.
The project has been awarded for a concession period of 30 years.
- Reliance Infrastructure has completed the project in a record time of only
30 months from the signing of the concession agreement.
- The total length of the network is 23 kms with six stations enroute namely New
Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aerocity, IGI Airport and
Dwarka sector 21. Out of the six stations, five are underground
and only Dhaula Kuan station is elevated.
- Apart from the civil structure pertaining to stations, tunnels and
viaducts, the entire project has been developed, financed, constructed,
operated and maintained by the Concessionaire.
- High tech trains have been procured from Spain with a capacity of
approximately 850 passengers (sitting and standing). The trains have
comfortable seats, luggage racks, ample passenger circulation area and are
designed to provide a noiseless environment inside the train.
- Stations are designed with state of the art facilities keeping in view
- For the first time in the country, all stations are air-conditioned
having platform screen doors.
- The Airport Metro line is fully integrated with the existing DMRC metro
network at New Delhi and Dwarka. The line is also integrated with the
Northern Railway's New Delhi Station and with the IGI Airport. All these
integrations ensure very smooth passenger interchange.
- Reliance Infrastructure is also offering a complete shopping and dining
experience to the people visiting the stations. Retails outlets are coming
up at the New Delhi and the Shivaji Stadium stations. Leading
brands in apparels and food chains are setting up their shops and counters
at these two stations.
- Retail outlets will be set up at the non-paid area, so as to facilitate
non-commuters as well as the commuters to shop and dine before or
after their train times.
- Reliance Infrastructure also offers branding option to leading
advertisers, who can showcase their brands through in-train branding,
in-station branding and outside ads.
Commuter friendly features
- Reliance Infrastructure's Airport Express has made all the necessary
arrangements to make the movement of disabled persons comfortable.
- All the stations can easily be accessed by disabled persons on
wheelchairs. The stations have Tactile Guide Path to help visually
impaired person move from station entrance to the train door, without any
assistance. In case there are any obstacles they can avoid the same using
tactile guide path.
- Elevators are specially designed for the convenience of physically
challenged people and are capable of carrying stretchers in case of
emergency. These lifts also make movement of senior citizens inside
the stations comfortable.
- For visually impaired persons, elevator buttons also have Braille letters.
Every station is equipped with toilets for the handicapped, fitted with
grab bath to assist disabled persons.
- Once inside the train, a disabled person can secure his wheelchair with
the help of docking system, so as to avoid any movement of wheelchair when
the train is moving.
- Help call points are set up at various locations of stations and trains.
Disabled persons can get any help by just pressing the help call buttons.
- Station areas are under CCTV camera surveillance, thus ensuring
security at the stations. Modern security equipment like underbelly car
scanners and x-ray baggage scanners have also been installed.
- The Airport Metro stations have paid porter service to facilitate
commuters travelling with big baggage. Commuters can avail the porter
service at a cost of only Rs. 50.
- Reliance Infrastructure has tied up with Easy Cab to provide cab service
to its Airport Metro Express passengers, who want to reach various places in
Delhi, NCR and out of Delhi.